|»Ambition leads me not only farther than any other man has been before me, but as far as I think it possible for man to go.«|
|James Cook, one of the greatest discoverers of mankind|
The power of images is mighty and leaves no one unaffected. I am pretty aware of that. Hence I am seeing my photographs first and foremost simply as a document of our planet, of a culture, of a moment I captured by the help of digital celluloid. Techniques putting a photo’s touch with reality at risk, like tone mapping or excessive retouching I am refusing categorically as they are nothing but a tool for artificial sensationalism. Suchlike work is nothing but a computer created picture that barely bears traces of the photography trade.
Is there a difference between McDonalds and watching photos? Well, photos surely got fewer calories and you don’t get fat when looking at them, but nowadays, in times of the internet and digital photography, most of the people are only consuming images like an everyday lunch meal and as soon as they continue browsing/reading/whatever they are all-too often simply throwing away what they’ve seen without thinking about what they were allowed to witness without leaving their comfy chair.
Since ever photography is fascinating me and due to the ongoing technical development it took more and more influence on my creative output. A camera became my constant companion and artists, crowd, promoters and club owners liked the way I am capturing the club and event atmosphere. Thenceforward it didn’t take much time and all photographical terms got more and more professional. Nowadays I am specialised in travel documentation, event photography, available light and classic portraits such as politics and newspapers demand it. In particular club photography is a perfect combination of musical and visual world. True to the motto »In the fray, instead of being kept at bay« I rock until the morning hours; a the major ingredient how to shoot lively and authentic photos which are authentic, speaking for themselves and are far away from usual party pictures.
Photographically I do what I want and what I feel like. That includes the portrayal of a person the same way like taking a finely adjusted capture of a swimming pool inside an abandoned Soviet military base. However my biggest passion are volcanoes, their massive power, their creational potential plus the everlasting fight between hot and cold, fire and ice, the death bringing forces of the earth and the ever reviving nature. That philosophy takes me around the world, that philosophy stands behind my photos, that is my driving force.
Of course I am participating in social networkds as well. You can find me here:
- Awarded in “Human and Nature” category of Golden Turtle Award 2015 (Золотая Черепаха)
- Top 10 landscape photographer at Golden Turtle Award 2014 (Золотая Черепаха)
- ARD capital office (governmental affairs)/Phoenix (TV)
- Federal Press Office of Germany
- Single publications in GEO as well as National Geographic
- Deutsches Museum (Munich) as well as Centre Georges Pompidou (Paris) as a part of exhibitions
- Deutsche Bahn AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim AG & Co. KG
- Audioriver Festival (Plock, PL), Fortdance Festival (St. Petersburg, RU) u.v.a.
- Watergate Club (Berlin, DE), SQ Club (Poznan, PL) u.v.a.
- Energy Union, CynetArt Dresden exhibition as well as Midem & Music Trades (exhibition magazines, Print)
- Daily newspapers like Tagesspiegel, Daily Mail
Delivering the photo material for the annual calendar of Berlin-based business consulting company economind was an affair of heart. Since 2011 that calendar lives on as xflo:w photo calendar.
- Calendar 2014
- Calendar 2013
- Calendar 2012
- Calendar 2011
- Calendar 2010
- Calendar 2009
- Calendar 2008
- Calendar 2007
- Calendar 2006
Photos being published on xflo.net or xflow.eu don’t have EXIF information, but were created with the following photographical equipment:
- Currently – Canon EOS 1D X Mark II
- Until June 2016 – Canon EOS 1D X
- Until June 2012 – Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III
- Until February 2009 – Canon EOS 1D Mark III
- Until May 2007 – Canon EOS 20D
- Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS USM
- Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM EXT
- Sigma 20mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- Sigma 24mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art
- Sigma 35mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art